6.16.2008

ode to creativity

oh the relentless stream of ideas
begging for their birth...

from me? (cringe)
no. please, not from me.

too many of you are calling for attention, 
so loud it almost hurts.

competing for a spot in my day.
pick me, pick me! they always say.

go away! i sometimes cry
you're stressing me out!
you're clogging up my thoughts,
and i want to think about something else!

wait, no! come back!
i'll give you life, i promise!
it might be days, it might be years,
but be assured your time will come.

be patient blessed ideas, 
creativity needs time to reproduce!

3 comments:

Sara K. said...

This sounds like my mother! :) You guys are two of a kind!

Anonymous said...

Please come back and share your creativity. I miss reading your words!

Blessings, Holly

Sara K. said...

Yep, I already put it out there if someone wants to buy it! http://www.cafepress.com/lovenanny
I also made stores with the same design for "I Love My" mommy, sister, nana, grandma, aunt, and brother!