9.18.2008

think about it thursday: 09.18.08

Well, here it is Thursday already, and for the third week in a row, I've only posted on Thursday. Hmmm...maybe I should modify this strategy and say I'll just post on Thursdays.  I'll think about it :-)

So, for this week, I am posting a quote/video from one of my favorite movie series:  Rocky.  I have always been drawn to these movies for some reason. All six of them. Maybe it's because it's a story about a man with a such a deep passion for something that he's willing to go the distance.  And he has a supportive woman at his side. I'm married to a guy just like that.  He's passionate, persistent, determined and motivated, just like Rocky. And I like to think of myself as the supportive wife, but Adrian's quietly bold character is really quite something to live up to. 

I have to admit, I was pretty skeptical when "Rocky Balboa" came out so many years after Rocky V.  I wondered who in the world he could be fighting this late in his game. Come to find out, it's more than just another fight in the ring, it's also about a fight deep within his very soul, or "the basement" as he puts it so appropriately. 

So below is a clip of one of my favorite scenes from the final movie.  Rocky is having a heated discussion with his son who is struggling with family and life after his mom dies. This same scene is flashbacked later in the movie when Rocky is in the ring for the final time.  He remembers the coaching he gave his son, and uses it as motivation to go the distance. In my opinion, it really reveals how Rocky has survived and succeeded in both fighting and in life. It's his view of toughness. And it's one of the best descriptions I've ever heard. 

Think about it.


No comments: