9.25.2008

think about it thursday: 09.25.08

My friend alerted me of some signage at a local church, so I just had to drive by and see it.

Two huge signs on the church lawn read:

"We're sorry we don't always love like Jesus does." -- Christians
"We're sorry that Christians can act UNchristian."

These quotes are advertising a sermon series this church is doing based on the book, UNchristian: What a New Generation Thinks about Christianity and Why it Matters by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons.

It definitely got my attention. I'm putting it on my must read list.

Think about it.

1 comment:

NewJerseyJesus said...

I headed a ministry to people with AIDS in NYC for many years. There was a t-shirt shop next to the residence we volunteered at. The best selling shirt at the shop was one featuring a picture of Christ with his hands raised with the words, "Jesus, save me from your followers." That shirt spoke volumes (unfortunately).