5.27.2008

the return of a lost sock

Woo hoo and Hallelujah! One of my lone socks has returned home!  

Yesterday I was rummaging through my sock drawer looking for a pair of white, low cut athletic socks to wear with my tennis shoes, and to my surprise, peeking out from under the pile of mated socks, I saw its sweet little head. It lay there motionless, as if weighted down by all the complete pairs piled on top of it. It was staring at me in all its helplessness, begging me to come to its rescue. In a state of hopeful disbelief, I slowly pulled it out from its lowly position and went to my closet where the lone socks lay. And lo and behold, I found its match!  A ribbed tan pair of socks has been reunited again, and I am looking forward to wearing them this fall!

Ah, such sweet confirmation.  I knew I was right in not throwing them away!  One down, sixteen to go...